How Often to Clean Your Bathroom
Although houses and bathrooms have become more modern over time, all the new appliances and bathroom equipment still need to be clean and maintained. Many homeowners may not pay much attention to it, but bathrooms need to be cleaned regularly. As a responsible home owner, you should prevent the growth and accumulation of grime, dirt, and germs in your bathroom. This can help save you money and time in the long run.
How Often? A Regular Cleaning Schedule
Bathrooms aren’t really the easiest places to clean, but it needs your attention. Make sure that there isn’t too much moisture in your bathroom to prevent the growth of mold and mildew. To do this, you can install and exhaust fan, or put in a small window. Open the exhaust or window after you shower, along with your shower curtains to keep the moisture down. You may even want to hang your mats, and wipe down the shower walls after you shower.
But the question still remains, how often should bathrooms really be cleaned? Many homeowners don’t really know how frequent bathrooms should be cleaned, of if theirs needs any special attention.
The thing is, if there’s only two people living in a house, the bathroom doesn’t need to be cleaned as often as a home that has five people living in it. But generally, your bathroom should be cleaned once a week, and this includes the scrubbing walls and your bathtub if you have any. However, there are some areas of your bathroom that might need to be cleaned more frequently. What are some tips for bathroom cleaning? Take a look at the list below that will give you an idea about which areas need more attention.
Bathroom Cleaning Tips
- Wipe your toilet down daily and give it a thorough scrubbing at least once a week. If more people are living in your home, then you might want to scrub your toilet twice a week or more.
- You should also clean your bathroom sink often. Make sure your spray some antibacterial or cleaning spray on your sink so that gunk doesn’t start to build up or accumulate. Make sure to also check the drain at least once a week, or every two weeks to make sure that the drain doesn’t end up becoming clogged.
- Your shower walls need to be wiped clean after every use so that soapy residue doesn’t start to buildup. If you have a bathtub, make sure to rinse it after every use as well to prevent more soapy buildup.
- Also make sure to replace your shower curtains regularly, preferably once every two weeks.
When To Deep Clean Your Bathroom
Cleaning your bathroom regularly is a great practice, but like any other area in your home, it also requires deep or thorough cleaning. You may want to do this once a week, or once a month if you clean your bathroom daily or weekly. However, remember the deep cleaning is more than just wiping your walls and sink with an antibacterial cloth. Below are some tips you can follow when deep cleaning your bathroom:
- Mop the floors regularly (once a week) to make sure that the tiles remain clean and free from grime and grout.
- Dust will still find a way into your bathroom, so make sure that you check and get rid of it as well.
- Make sure to scrub both your toilet and sink once a week, along with spraying it with antibacterial solutions daily.